Thursday, March 4, 2010

'You are all a lost generation.'


It's a quarter to seven, and I've already went to the Asbach. I've got an inch and a half in my Sharp Edge sampler glass that I received, complimentary, last year at the annual Beer Fest. I've spent the last hour watching Greatest Drunks of All-Time clips on YouTube. That just reminds me, I have to finish my Bukowski so that I can borrow 'The Sun Also Rises' off of my roommate.

I'm settled in for the night, ready to enjoy the two new Clogs records I've received in the latest promo distribution. Reviews of their new LP and EP will be up on psov in the coming week.

Preparations have already begun for a new P L A Y List, as well.

Somebody left a copy of 'Ruanaidh: The Story of Art Rooney and His Clan' at work. It went unclaimed, so my other roommate took it. I'm excited to give it a go. I was reading a few passages on my lunch break of old Pittsburgh pool hall lore, descriptions of the poor Irish communities in what is now Point State Park in downtown Pittsburgh, and recounts of Pittsburgh Kid Billy Conn's bout with heavyweight champion Joe Louis at the Polo Grounds in '41.

There's obviously quite the bit on my must-read list, at the moment. Read more about 'Ruanaidh' here.

No comments:

Post a Comment