Friday, June 4, 2010

Joseph Arthur at Liquid Sundays; five tracks that are new and awesome...


After a long workday yesterday, I decided to grab a coffee and a bite at the ol' donut shop and bullshit with my pal Bruce. I took with me the new City Paper, as I was going to catch up on the complete summer concert schedule here in Pittsburgh. Bruce and I chatted about sex, drugs, death, and country music; it was nice to kill two hours.

In the listings, a show this Sunday caught my eye. Joseph Arthur is playing (and painting) at J. Verno Studios on 3030 Jane Street in the South Side of Pittsburgh with Harlan Twins and Long Time Darlings as a part of the Liquid Sundays event. The show starts at 6pm. Five artists are featuring work in mosaics, photography, graphic art, and live graffiti. There is also a laser cutting display by Epilog Laser. Yuengling beer will be provided free of charge. 21 and over, and we're talking about $15. It's a must see.

www.liquidsundays.com

I was also delighted to see that The National are making a September stop to the 'Burgh (accompanied by Owen Pallett) and Broken Social Scene is coming to the Byham Theater in the Cultural District. A very exciting summer indeed.

I'll be glad to post more info upon request. Hope to see you and one or all of these events.

To go with the theme of 'new and exciting', here are five new tracks that may leave you wanting more...

Constellation Dirtbike Head - Tobacco
Volunteers - Megafaun
Congratulations - MGMT
Saturday Come Slow (feat. Damon Albarn) - Massive Attack
Thursday - Noisia

No comments:

Post a Comment