Tuesday, June 29, 2010

P L A Y List: Summer Songs


Summer is eight days old already. My last post was over a week ago. And, the last P L A Y List was quite some time before that. All of this means it's about time to give you something fitting for the new season.

Summer to me means a whole lot of nothing good. I dwell on the bugs and the allergies and the terrible Pennsylvanian humidity. I'm not a 'people person', so I enjoy a season when there are a whole let less of them out and about. I don't vacation often, and when I do, it's to some Northern city with a good music festival or bars that stay open past 2am. I'm not a beach guy. I don't dream of sand while listening to Jack Johnson or Jimmy Buffett.

While I could have given you something more subdued or depressing, you may have not appreciated it. So, I'm trying to keep a light, positive attitude; being that this summer, so far, has been unnaturally kind to me.

It's Summertime - The Flaming Lips
Go Jetsetter - The Postmarks
A Summer Wasting - Belle & Sebastian
Northern Lights - Bowerbirds
Bummer in the Summer - Love
Here Comes Your Man - Meaghan Smith
Cocaine and Ashes - Son Volt
Pain Killer (Summer Rain) - Turin Brakes
Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway - Wilco

No comments:

Post a Comment