Sunday, June 13, 2010

Les Shelleys preview


I wanted to follow up that last post with a little taster of what one might expect going down to the Les Shelleys show at the Thunderbird Cafe in Lawrenceville tomorrow night. I will be in attendance for the charming performance of one Tom Brosseau and one Angela Correa, playing together as the duo known as Les Shelleys.

I would describe them as an old-timey, harmonizing acoustic duet à la She & Him. Brosseau is a storyteller singer/songwriter from North Dakota. He's been known to write about his home state, having released an album titled Grand Forks--after the town he grew up in. Correa is from San Diego where she plays with her self-named band Correatown. Her music has been featured on television programs like Grey's Anatomy and How I Met Your Mother.

I've provided a quaint little number from their self-titled Fat Cat release... enjoy!!

Rum and Coca-Cola - Les Shelleys

No comments:

Post a Comment