Friday, July 2, 2010

Revisiting a mix from last year; Matt Pryor gets me


Life is a convoluted mess, at times. Expectations are killers. Immense complications require swift resolution. I can understand these things.

I've found myself enjoying a mix I made for someone two Augusts ago. It's funny that the mixes that you make for other people can actually be the one mix that you needed to make for yourself. You know that nobody would have appreciated it as much as you do.

So, with that, the last few days I've been enjoying this almost year old collection of songs that I can really identify with currently. Many things in my life run in one-year cycles. The need for this specific case of music therapy keeps the trend. The late-night walks home, the mornings spent alone with acidic palate-cleansing of a cup of black coffee, trips to work on buses in absolute thought evaporation; these are times I've been listening to "You're A Wolf" by Sea Wolf and "Jump Start" by The Hang Ups and "Lover's Spit" by Broken Social Scene.

I would have shared the whole mix with you, but it's for me...

But, I'll offer you one song that will always resonate with me; applicable to all situations deemed fucked or sticky. So once given to a girl named Linda, a mix completed on August 12th of last year; here's track one...

A Totally New Year - Matt Pryor

No comments:

Post a Comment