Friday, February 12, 2010

Quarters are the future.


I'm currently saving money. It's a little scheme I came up with. I'm investing in quarters. I, literally, buy a buttload of quarters at a time to purposely dwindle my checking account and force myself to budget. Quarters aren't easy to spend, so my box of $250 is sitting in the corner of my room--untouched now for almost two weeks.

I can't seem to utilize savings accounts. I'm likely to link the account with my checking, and then my all of my money is so easily accessible. Not too good for me. But, with this bundle of quarters, I'm incapable of overspending it. I use it for bus fare (works like a pass) and bar touchscreens and dollar pool tables. It's actually very convenient for me. I've started converting all of my wallet cash into quarters, too. Not that I'm a 'cash-spender', but it really limits what I can do having such small denominations. I'm sure to never leave the house without my $5.50 change to secure my way to work and back. And, the rest just sits there. My own private little savings account. I can't believe how well it's been working so far.

I'm trying to save up to buy a nice acoustic/electric, and probably another CD shelf for my room. I keep checking the mail for my tax refund check, no dice so far. My roommate told me they usually deliver them on Mondays. Not sure if there's any truth to that.

Somebody at work was telling me that they know someone who is receiving nearly $12,000 on their tax return. This person qualified for some credit because he has three children, and presently, his wife is expecting twins. The only thing better than a twelve grand refund check? Not having kids.

Good news. After almost 30 hours, my iPod scan finally finished up having detected and fixed bad sectors on the disk. Hopefully, I can use it to record some new tracks very soon. Or better yet, it won't freeze up iTunes or my computer anymore. This might be pushing it, but I might even be able to sync it. I was kinda looking forward to that trip to the Apple Store, too. Haha.

I think the string of snowstorms have finally finished up. I'm scared to do laundry because the pipes may be frozen. My clean socks supply is running on fumes. I've got to get up early for work tomorrow, we'll see if I can pull something together. Looking forward to my Friday night and Saturday off. Dread, Valentine's Day is just around the corner...

Happy birthday, Jesse!

Pick Up The Change - Wilco
Valentine - Old 97's

2 comments:

  1. Haha this is actually a really good idea! Similar to this, the time I saved the most money was when I hid cash from my self in drawers in my room. A year later, I had over $1,000. It's something about inaccessibility to money that helps, I guess. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I can't hide money without most certainly finding it. unless the money is in coin-form, of course.

    ReplyDelete